Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My cousin is in desperate help...
Margie613 posted:
Hello. I have a cousin in her twenties who has been suffering from Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. She was in a coma about 3 years ago but pulled through. She is losing her hair and in so much pain on a daily base. She is a wife and mother and desperately in need of information on support groups, treatment options and any suggestions on how to deal with her illness. Today she posted on Facebook a video speaking on her condition which broke my heart. If anyone can help her somehow please do so. Her Facebook name is Reggie Rah and she lives in Florida. Thank you for your time and hopefully someone can give her a helping hand dealing with these illnesses that have invaded her body.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Margie613 -

I hope you will encourage your cousin to post here for support and advice.

We have a wonderful group of members and expert Dr. Swamy to help her out.

Also have her check out the links in the Announcement Area above to find out more about lupus and coping.

Looking forward to see how we can help her out!
Elizabeth

Lupycakes responded:
Hi Margie,

Have your cousin contact the Lupus Foundation of America as they have local chapters/meetings in all areas. I have a lupus friend who lives in Florida and I know she has attended meetings where she lives.

Also, have her come here to ask questions and just whine if she needs to. We all have been in her shoes.

Lisa

Margie613 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for your reply and from what I know she has looked at this site and hopefully has found some answers in coping with her illnesses.

Margie613 replied to Lupycakes's response:
Thanks. Hopefully she will find the help she needs in coping with her illnesses. I can only imagine how she must feel at times especially having a baby to take care of and wanting to be there for her child.

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Margie

I went to your cousin Regina's facebook page and watched her video, but for some reason I couldn't send her a friend request. Please have her send me a friend request on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/lmscallen and I will try to help her anyway I can.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

MUSIC VIDEOS ABOUT MADE ABOUT LUPUS
11 criteria to dx lupus: http://youtu.be/iNiXZFmHx-g Lupus pals video: http://youtu.be/nuQW8zMkKN4 Please let me know what you ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.