Skip to content
Friday Check-In and Plans for the Weekend
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
I know some of our regulars are out of town so I wanted to check-in to see how everyone is doing and what plans you have for the weekend.

We are very impatiently waiting for fall to appear. It has been in the high 80's in Florida!

Looking forward to tailgating and going to the LSU vs FL game. 11 years ago we got married on this weekend. Although it was an away game we planned the day to accommodate watching the game and had a New Orleans themed reception complete with a shrimp and crawfish boat, jambalaya, and bread pudding with whiskey sauce in addition to a small wedding cake.

Share your weekend plans and let us know how you are doing,
Elizabeth

lisatru62 responded:
Tailgating sounds fun and also anything to do with bread pudding with whiskey sauce. While not doing anything until Sunday, I will once again be traveling. I will be spending two days in Reno NV to check on my mother in law who had hip replacement surgery and came home on the 19th. I was there for 7 days when she came home.

I've always found it funny that I'm the most helpful and reliable one out of all my siblings, on both sides. My sisters do little to help our parents when they are ill or need assistance, even financial advice. It is also hardest for me due to my Lupus. Anyone who has the disease knows that taking care of others can wear you out terribily, yet I still help.

I think that people who experience chronic illness maybe more helpful than their healthy counterparts due to the fact they know what it is like to be alone and ill. They understand that we can't always take care of ourselves and need help. I've been blessed with a helpful husband, daughter and son. They are always there for me. If I end up in the hospital they are all by my side. Probably why I find it strange that I am the only one who shows up when our parents are sick or hospitalized.

While in Reno I will talk with my sister to see if she can do more. Mom can be a worry because she loves to overdo it. Otherwise it should be fun and I know that Mom loves to see me, which makes it all worthwhile.

Lisatru62

lupycakes responded:
Plans for the weekend? Why, deliver wedding cakes , of course!! I SO want this wedding season to be over with!!

My real desire for it to end is my carpal tunnel issue has reared it's ugly head and I have been up every night for the past week in excruiciating pain with my arm packed in ice. I've tried wearing the splint thing - seems to make it worse then helps. The vicodin doesn't help....I have a appt. with my doc. on Monday morning to see what might need to be done. I know resting it will help but I have 30 or more layers of cake that need iced this next week, so resting is not a option!

Oh well, such is life.

Hope everyone has a pain free weekend!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.