Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

False Positive for Syphyllis
An_248277 posted:
Hi, recently I had blood tests done at my gyno and when they came back I had the initial positive for syphyllis. They then said they did a second test that indicated that I did not have this, just the anti body. They didn't seem concerned so I didn't as but I was curious how this could happen and came across info that said this was a common symptom/ indicator/ whatever for Lupus. As a young teen I had several symptoms of Lupus (raynauds, chronic low grade fever, as well as back, neck, hip and jaw pain and issues). I have always, expecially recently, struggled with extreme fatigue as well as depression. I know no one can just say "ah, you have lupus" but I was wondering if the positive antibody thing happened to anyone else who has been diagnosed (or ruled out) and any tips out there.
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

While waiting for others to respond I wanted to pop in and share a discussion and resource I found -

Lupus Fact of the Day - 11 Criteria for Diagnosing Lupus
Criteria for Diagnosing Lupus

Are you scheduled to follow-up with your primary care doctor?

With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Music Video Tips on Managing Chronic Pain!
My newest music video, hope you guys like it! HUGS and ?, JJ "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.