Includes Expert Content
numb spots?
leecat41 posted:
Does anyone here have problem with places going number? I have spots that feel numb to the touch but if you hit them just right they send a searing pain. Is this part of the neuropathy that I have? Should these places be getting larger?
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.
ssh49tn responded:
I don't know the answer to that, for sure, but you probably need to ask the doctor, just to be sure. My aunt had neuropathy, & she really suffered from it. I do have numbness & tingling in my hands & fingers, & in my feet & toes, but the doctor basically ignores me when I bring it up. I have no insurance, so use a clinic that only takes uninsured people, & sometimes I think I get less than quality care. It took them 8 months to diagnose the lupus, although, a blood test that indicated it had come back positive. In fact, if I hadn't brought it up, we'd still be trying to figure out what was going on. When I asked, she sent me for a specific test for it, so that's when I was diagnosed with lupus.
R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR responded:
It might be related to the neuropathy. However, the fact that these areas are getting bigger seems to suggest a lack of control over the condition. Please consult with your doctors regarding whether there are additional treatments that could be tried for your condition.