Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach Pain
lisatru62 posted:
Back in March I had a kidney biopsy that went bad, internal bleeding the whole nine yards. Had to have a blood transfusion and needless to say I didn't feel like eating for about a week.

Since then I've had on and off stomach pain. I've noticed is seem to lessen enough so I can eat if I take Percocet, only taking about 7mg total per day.

Lately I've had problems again. My stomach hurts if I eat, even something small like a piece of toast. If I go too long without eating my stomach starts cramping in the evening until I take some Percocet.

Has anyone else had stomach issues and stomach pain? This whole problem began with the botched kidney biopsy.

Lisatru62

lupylisa44 responded:
Lisa I had the same thing happen with my kidney biopsy back in 1999!!! I was in the hospital for 3 weeks following it, but I didn't have any stomach issues caused by it. Have you talked to your doctor? After your biopsy, did they put you on any new meds or increase the dose of any of your current meds? Cellcept always gives me all sorts of stomach problems, especially the generic. Maybe you need to see a Gastroenterologist to get an endoscopy to find out what is causing this problem.

Lupylisa.
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lisatru62 replied to lupylisa44's response:
No new meds, just the same ones as before the biopsy. My doctor said it is common for people who have had surgery to have problems with eating and their stomachs. She said I would have to get "used" to eating again.

While I've been able to eat, it sometimes hurts and no one has an explanation for why. There doesn't seem to be any other issue.

Lisatru62

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.