Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lupus &hair loss
faithhope posted:
I have LUPUS i found out back in 2010 and im always sick and tried wasn't till recently that i notice my hair falling out to the extreme i have two bold spots on each side of my head im really SAD and SCARED any tip on a good shampoo

fulltrack responded:
For your info. too. hair loss can cause by many reasons, for exaple:High fever, severe infection, severe flu
;Thyroid disease;Deficient diet;Medications;Cancer treatments;Low serum iron;Alopecia Areata; etc.
you can also try OPC-3 (see my responds above), which is all nature product, no side-effect. it is a best antioxident so far. can
  • Combats free radicals
  • Demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity
  • Helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capillaries, arteries and veins
  • etc.

fulltrack responded:
    check the info i posted. hope it can help you.

KRShipp responded:
    I use Nioxin. I started losing my hair in the early 80's. Nioxin takes about a month, the new hair is very fine to start with. After two weeks you will have little bumps on your head it is the shampoo cleaning out the pores on your head. I get it from my hear dresser.
    KR

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
    With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
    at work, or with family
    and friends.
    Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
    There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.