Skip to content
Right calf swelling
lilytsup posted:
Hi! I have been diagnosed with SLE since 2010. I have experienced different kinds of symptoms that can be attributed to Lupus and most of it are joint pains that I constantly been having. Recently, about two weeks ago, both of my knees started swelling making it difficult for me to walk, use stairs, and get from sitting to standing and vice versa. Now, the swelling is just on the left knee and my right calf is swollen. There is pain but it is tolerable, and pain just bothers me when I walk or climb stairs. I could say what I feel is more of tightness and feeling that the calf is full. Whenever I touch it or do massage, it feels like there is a lot of fluid in it. Hope anyone can advise me regarding my new recent symptom. I will be having my checkup in three days. Thanks.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.