Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The importance of Vitamin D3 in lupus
lupylisa44 posted:
Hi everyone!

For the past few days I have been really sore all over and have nearly unbearable wrist pain. It's not the weather, since it has been beautiful here in CO for the past few days. It was a mystery as to why it came on all of a sudden like it did. That is, until I figured out that when I organized my pills for the week I noticed that I forgot my vitamin D3! I normally take 2000 i.u. twice a day.

If you have lupus and/or fibromyalgia like me, I highly recommend taking Vitamin D3!!! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes in my overall wellbing and in my pain levels. Hopefully it will work for you as well!

Recently there have been quite a few studies on the benefits of vitamin D3 in lupus/fibro patients and I, for one, am living proof that it works!!!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Take the Poll

Do you take Vitamin D3?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.