Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lupus
dozzi posted:
Does anyone have like a tingling pain in their arms sometimes have numbness and spasm too

gringa1 responded:
I get it a lot, to the point my hands are effected too, my dr always want to give me muscle relaxers which I always decline. I just joined a gym in hopes of feeling better. Good luck, keep me posted with any news .

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Dozzi! Long time no see!
The symptoms you are describing sounds like you may have a pinched nerve in your neck. Have you ever had neck problems before? You may want to ask your doctor about doing some diagnostic tests to find out if that is where the problem is coming from. Many times it can be helped with physical therapy, other times it may redquire injections or surgery. The sooner you find out, the sooner you can find something to help.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

leecat41 responded:
I don't have it in my arms, but you just described exactly what's going on in my legs.
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

ssh49tn responded:
Yes, I do have the tingling, & some numbness too. But, it's even worse in my legs. And, I DON'T have a pinched nerve. I'm not sure that mine is from the lupus though, or from the diabetes, or if it's something else. I did find out though, that some statins can cause a neuropathy problem, & I am currently taking Crestor for my high cholesterol. With lupus, unfortunately, it can imitate other diseases & symptoms. I also had a bad thyroid, which one side was shut down with the radioactive iodine, & the other side has been surgically removed. And a lot of the symptoms from that are the same ones that come with lupus. Just keep bugging your doctor about it, until they do something!

dozzi replied to gringa1's response:
I have lorezapam for something else i don't think that would help my problem I see my doctor soon I will mention the new problem see what she says

dozzi replied to leecat41's response:
I just started to get it in my left leg along with my arms a nd hands is it attacking the nerveous system

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

MUSIC VIDEOS ABOUT MADE ABOUT LUPUS
11 criteria to dx lupus: http://youtu.be/iNiXZFmHx-g Lupus pals video: http://youtu.be/nuQW8zMkKN4 Please let me know what you ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.