Skip to content
lupus and hip pain
An_249225 posted:
does nyone hav any suggestions on how to treat this pain that I am having in my right hip area. I'm not sure i f it is in the joint or the muscle. It is impacting my walk, and I really feel the pain when I get up from a seated position.

Thanks

KRShipp responded:
My doctor says if it hurts in the back of the leg it is the back and if it hurts in the front of the leg it is the hip. My pain is in the front part of the thigh. I can walk okay, but I can't stand still.
Hope this helps.

lupylisa44 responded:
There could be any number of things causing your pain. Sciatica, tedonitis, bursitis, and arthritis are the things that come to mind. It may be a good idea to visit your doctor to get it checked out to make sure it is nothing serious.

Physical therapy or some gentle stretching may help loosen it up. Try a hot bath with some epsom salts or you could try some moist heat with a heating pad. Have you tried taking an anti-inflammatory like Advil or Aleve?

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.