Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things... Holiday Favorites
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Take a moments and get to know your community a little better by sharing a few of your favorite things -
  • Favorite Holiday Memory
  • Favorite Toy from Childhood
  • Favorite Holiday Meal
  • Favorite Gift You Have Given or Received
  • Favorite Thing That Brings You Comfort

I'll start -

Memory - Christmas Eve's in Ybor City with my father's family. Lots of family, great food, and so much going on a breaker would blow. The adults would tell us it was Santa's elves getting things ready on the roof.

Toy - Barbie Air Plane. Wish I still had it for my daughter.

Meal - Christmas Eve - Pork, black beans, yuca, cuban bread, Brozo Gitano. Christmas Day was my mom's German heritage - Klubs (sp?), mash potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, Poppy Seed Cake.

Gift - Proposal and engagement ring on Christmas Eve 14 years ago.

Comfort - Curled up on the couch with slippers, blanket, tea, and my family looking at the Christmas tree in the house I grew up in.

Who's next?

Elizabeth

1stLadyDi responded:
Merry Christmas!

Toy - Diana Ross doll
Song - Silver Bells & God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Setting - In the living room w/ lights off & looking at Christmas tree, lighted windows, & fireplace
Company - Spending time with my husband & children
Food - Duck, sweet potato pie, roasted chestnuts, collard greens w/ hamhocks, macaroni & cheese, Jiffy cornbread
Activity - Wrapping presents & placing them under the tree after everyone has gone to bed.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.