Skip to content
memory problems
terezin posted:
I had a scary experience when visiting Praha from Israel.First morning in my hotel room (traveling alone) I waked up with no idea who I was,where I was and what I was doing.It lasted for about 15 min.
Lately I have become more and more aware,that I have problems remembering small ordinary things.Annoying
The strange thing is that concerning my work (I am a professional writer and artist) my mind is crystal clear.
For years I have hoped and prayed that the memories of the horror of Holocaust would somehow fade (I am a child survivor) but that hasn't happen.I just wonder why?Any suggestions?

lupylisa44 responded:
Wow that sounds really scary! Have you gone to your doctor? Maybe a CT or an MRI of you brain is in order to find out what is going on! What do you think it is?

I am very sorry for all that you endured as a child during the Holocaust. I can't even begin to imagine how horrific that must have been for anyone, let alone a child.

Please let us know how you are doing and if you find any answers to what is going on with you.

Happy Channukka!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

jujubeee714 responded:
Could have been some extra bad brain fog due to the traveling and new experiences and stress and exhaustion or possible beginning of a flare or could be more cns related lupus problems. An MRI and visit to a neurologist might help calm your fears of not knowing what it was.

I had an experience once where I was in a very familiar situation yet I felt as if it was all somewhat foreign to me and it took me a short while to recover to the who, what and where.

I did have tests which showed no brain lesions which made me feel alot better. I do have cranial neuropathies and a tendency for inflammation in my nerves and blood vessels that do cause some brain fog.

I started playing word games and brain games more often. Luminosity is alot of fun, but any old free word game is helpful.

I also have no trouble with my work even though I have the same fog issues you sound like you do. I think I've been doing it so long it's second nature, lol.

God Bless, write anytime, HUGS, Julie Phx, AZ
ps hope you enjoyed Israel (my mother and sister lived there many years)

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.