Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lupus/fibromyalgia and now lipomas
lupielee posted:
I have lupus and fibromyalagia and now dx with painful lipomas. Anyone else have these? Been trying to research to see if there any any connections to all three. My fibro is acting up and the meds I was tried on..I cant take. Lyrica made my arms and legs go numb and
cymbalta gave me insomnia. Looking for other options..what works for you?

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Lupielee

You've stumped me again with the lipomas! It is my underfstanding that most lipomas are benign lumps of fatty tissue that collects under the skin. I have not heard of them being painful. But, I just looked it up, and it says that if they are painful, it is if they grow and press on nearby nerves or if they contain many blood vessels. Has your doctor offered any solution for them? Can they be excised?

Regarding your fibromyalgia: I cannot take Lyrica or Cymbalta either so I had to search for another alternative. I am currently seeing an integrative medicine doctor (practices traditional as well as alternative medicine) and she has been able to help me with some natural treatments.

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? Are you taking vitiamin D3? If not, I recommend taking it. It made a HUGE difference in the amount of fibro pain I was expoeriencing! I take 2000 i.u.'s twice a day and sometimes more. Magnesium Glycinate has also helped me a ton with my fibro. You can get it at the health food store. It works better for me than than the standard magnesium tabs you can get at the drug store.

I hope they will help you as much as they helped me!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.