Skip to content
Tounge soreness
eg0330 posted:
Is anyone experiencing tounge soreness? If so, what are you doing or taking to ease the discomfort?

nancyj95 responded:
Hi! I have what is called "geographic tongue" which causes patches of the coating on the tongue to come off and cause soreness. I use a product called Glyoxide, which is available in most drugstores. You can use it either directly on the tongue or as a mouthwash. It definitely does help. Good luck!

gringa1 responded:
Hi there, I'm having the same problem. The roof of my mouth also feels swollen, it's very difficult to eat, so you don't eat much. You could try biotien, it's sold over the counter.

I have also have been having problems with my throat, feels as if something is stuck there. Perhaps it's swollen, I have been developing pockets of plaque which makes me feel sick. Have you experienced that??

4ntate replied to nancyj95's response:
Hey, new to this and not sure if I have been diagnoisd but there have been a few times that I have been brushing my teeth an my tougn was sore even seemed as though it had patches on it. I chalked it up to eating something too hot same thing with the sores on the roof of my mouth feeling the skin hang is the worst. please tell me more never heard anyone talk about it b4

lupylisa44 replied to 4ntate's response:
http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_aboutaffects.aspx?articleid=1456&zoneid=17
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

bjjazzy replied to lupylisa44's response:
I get sore tongue, sometimes a road map of lines that make it look split open, if I press down on tongue it is just sore, or sore to swish food around in mouth ,but no sores, I get the sores in my nose that come and go, and especially hurts or is tender along the nasal septum on both sides from the inside of my nose. Is this a Lupus symptom?

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.