Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Senear Usher Syndrome AKA Pemphigus Erythematosis
    jujubeee714 posted:
    I have SLE and just got my third circly (discoid shaped) weeping deep skin necrosis looking ugly itchy disgusting lupus rash (I also get hives, vascular lesions and rashes, etc) and I thought it was SCLE subacute cutaneous lupus rashes...I've had one like it on my chest that left permanent discoloration and one on my head that made the hair fall out and this one is on the back of my neck. I'm highly photosensitive. Since being on cellcept I've been better so this one took me by surprise.
    I thought all discoid rashes came with some seeping. It is NOT infected, it seeps and comes from all the layers of skin up. Here's some pics on my blog at http://jujuslupus.blogspot.com/ .
    I'm on stronger than usual steroid cream now and its healing nicely. I have to be rid of it before feb 22nd when I'm scheduled for anterior cervical fusion.
    Does anyone else get these?
    And these circling antibodies at the rash area? I understand a little about it and was also wondering if THIS is the reason why no labs have been able to titer or direct ANA result my blood. They say unable to obtain results due to immune complex interference.
    Thanks, HUGS, Julie

Coping
    With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
    at work, or with family
    and friends.
    Visit Lupus Day2Night

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.