Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Neuro. symptoms with Lupus?
mybdy posted:
Hi everyone. I was just diagnosed with Lupus yesterday and found this group. I have had severe middle back pain as well as arm and leg weakness. My primary doc. does not think this is related to the Lupus and I dont see a rheumy. until 2 more weeks. Does anyone here know if it is related to Lupus or not? I am scheduled for an MRI of my neck and back to see if anything is going on there, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

lisatru62 responded:
I would say congrats on the diagnosis but that doesn't sound right. I guess the best I could say is, thank goodness you now have a diagnosis. So many lupus sufferers don't know and bounce from doctor to doctor for years before they are diagnosed.

I've gone around a few times with joint pain and still suffer everyday. Am currently taking percocet and dilaudid/valium combo to help. Not taking the percocet and dilaudid together of course. Joint pain, in your legs, hips, shoulders and arms is quite common. It's like having arthritis without the joint swelling or deformity. Your back pain could be related but definitely have the MRI.

Lupus is one of those illnesses that can cause a lot of other issues all over your body and with various systems, blood, organs, skin and joints/bones.

Keep track of the aches and pains, noting what you are doing so when you go to see the doctor you will have a good explanation of what is happening and when.

Good luck

Lisatru62

1harley responded:
I have really severe middle back pain also. I have been diagnosed since 2007. I have not looked into my back i keep saying its the way i am sleeping. I wish you well i am knew to this site too. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.