Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Balance issues
Crys82 posted:
I CAN'T STOP FALLING!!!! I was diagnosed with lupus in 2003 when I was 19 years old. At first I was pumped full of steroids, but eventually I stopped. In 2005 my body decided to go bonkers I spent 5 months in the hospital. Long story short, because of the long hospitalization with me being immobilized, I suffered severe atrophy. For 8 years I have been trying regain my full balance and it seems impossible.I've been in and out of therapy with minimal results. I recently started yoga but I believe that there is more or something that is affecting my. I was researching some of my medications and Depakote (Divalproex) has a side effect relating to my issue with staying upright. Has anyone experienced this or have any comments and or suggestions that can help me?

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.