Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Urine protein increase is scaring me!
lupylisa44 posted:
Just had to vent a little!

My urine protein is up to 4300 mg which is the highest it has been in 12 years! It really scares me since I have already had a major bout with lupus nephritis. Back then I was very naive, but now I am very well educated on the subject whcih I am not sure is a blessing or a curse! I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss!I

My bloodwork three weeks ago showed signs of a flare low C3, albumin and high serum creatinine.

My latest bloodwork which was done last Tuesday shows an increase in C3 back into normal range which is good. But my urine protein has increased to 4300 mgs. from 2300 mg three weeks ago.

I have dealing with a low grade fever 99.6-100.0 for the past 25 days plus I have a bad case of bronchitis which is making me short of breath. I just don't feel very well and the though of going through lupus nephritis again scares the crap out of me! I could use some support and prayers!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lupycakes responded:
Aww Lisa !! I really hate to hear the wolf is rearing its ugly head again. I'll keep you in my prayers that the docs can find some way to lower your bp and get you to feeling better. 25 days with a fever sucks!!!

Gentle hugs,

Lisa

GreyEyedMuse responded:
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Has the md increased your steroid dose? My proteinuria used to play leap frog now and again. But it never got to the point where I needed to have to have cytoxan treatment again. I hope you feel better real soon.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.