Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Here
GreyEyedMuse posted:
Hello. I'm new here and not quite sure how this group works; do we just jump in and respond to posts? Or, are medical professionals responsible for response/advice?

I was diagnosed with sle in 1978; kideney damage in1991; had cytoxan treatments; been on prednisone since 1991 (small dose, 2 1/2 mg./day); and had cancer, successfully treated, last summer. My sle finally went into remission after my disease stayed active for 19 years and 10 months. (November 2010). I was 52 and had been retired for 2 years. I don't have all the answers by any stretch of imagination and I'm always open to listening and learning from other people. We never stop learning, ever.

But I'm someone who was diagnosed back when the survival rate wasn't what it is now, which is real good; I continued to work and was offered early retirement after 32 years of employment. I had some rough days, but I'm here. Luckily I worked for the govt. and was not discriminated against.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk - or teach me something new. I haven't kept up on things since remission.

Lupycakes responded:
Welcome greyeyedmuse!

Glad you found us! Feel free to jump in and post or respond to any post you wish. The more the merrier I say!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
89 of 119 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.