Skip to content
HELP?
dev1122 posted:
Looking for any ideas or advice? 30/f with severe muscle pain, burning (like lactic acid buildup) in shoulder and upper arms. I have been to 5 dr this week. My CPK was 1,000 on tuesday and ana was 1:160. I have had small bouts of this at least twice a yr with only mildly elevated CPK (200-300) and mild positive ana. I was competing in cross fit competitions a week and a half ago and now can barely even put my hair in a pony tail or lift a two yr old. I had another blood draw yesterday and CPK was down to 255? Still having same symptoms. I started 60 mg prednisone on friday and have not felt a bit better. Nothing helps! I am so scared because I feel disabled. Other weird symptoms: fever 99-101 for weeks, what I perceive to be weakness in my quads and arms (If i even lift them they tremble like a leaf) but I had an EMG done and she said it is normal. My shoulders and elbows feel hot to the touch but are not swollen, headaches for weeks. The weird thing is my sed rate is normal and c-reactive is normal. If this is not inflammatory and I am not getting relief from prednisone or anti inflammatory what could this be? Has anyone had similar experiences? I just want to feel normal again. Every doctor says something is wrong but they don't know what because I don't fit into one particular category.

1stLadyDi responded:
Polymyositis, maybe? Not sure what can help you & hope you're feeling somewhat better now. I am thrilled for you that you had the strength & energy to participate in cross fit competitions and pray that you get better soon so you can continue in something that you seem to enjoy.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.