Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Reacurring UTI's!
therese0723 posted:
Anyone else having this problem? It has been since the Beginning of November when we came back from Fl. I have been on everything under the sun and after taking it and being off these antibiotic for about 3 days its back!. Lord I am so tired, and so worn out its not even funny. That Im seeing a urologist and that's not helping.
Anything at this point would be helpful.
THERESE

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Therese

I had the same problem! For me they started when I started taking immunosuppresant meds (Cellcept) They seem to occur a day or two after having intercourse. And these infections came on and off for several years! I tried everything my urologist suggested taking an antibiotic (250 mg cipro) every time I had sex which didn't seem like a good solution. So I went looking for one on my own and found it!!!

I started taking D-Mannose with Cran-Actin made by Solaray and have not had a UTI since!!!. It's available at the health food store. I take two capsules before intercourse and two caps the next day since that is when I tend to get the infections. If that is not your issue, I would suggest taking two every day for a couple of months to see if you get results from it. It works to prevent bacteria from latching on to the walls of your bladder.

I swear by it! It has changed my life!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

therese0723 responded:
Thank You. I am going to try this for sure. Are you having a hard time holding your it also?

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.