Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question/Help!!
Hilltwins posted:
Does lupus have to be "active" in order to be detected in blood tests?

I have been bouting with the same characteristics/symptoms for a year straight now. My history with photosensitivity started at the age of 13, but here recently I notice something that mimics lupus so much that its scary. The labs last year were negative..but at the time they were done, things had improved. Here is what I experience every 4 to five months or so:

Clustered rashes, normally on my hands, chest, or face (if exposed to sun, then blisters form, scab, and peel over time leaving renewed skin)

Hair loss-way too much to be stress. Throughout entire head, but fall out faster in temple area and edges of head. Over the course of 4 weeks, I am almost bald on the sides. This hair grows back slowly like baby hair, but after a few months it falls back out.

Aching like Arthritis

Fatigue-falling asleep at work during the day, everyday

Weakness

Pain in chest and back when I breath too deep (like someone stabbed me)

Weight Loss- Scary...ten to fifteen pounds in 3 months. Not trying at all

Severe Nightsweats-drenching sheets

Dry eyes-especially at night. Can't see without eyedrops

Always cold hands and feet!

Why??? The symptoms start the same every time and I know the pattern of how it goes. I hope someone can figure this out soon. I went to rheumy last week so I have 4 weeks to wait. I am currently having all the above symptoms, so I hope this time I get answers. I just hope its nothing I can't handle. Prayers Please

Hilltwins responded:
Also, My thyroid is fine, and my thyroid function and producing hormone are working fine. I thought it was hormonal but that was negative...So I am bummed...

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
91 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.