Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
so confused and frusterated
shelsore posted:
I have been through so many blood tests this month for just about everything including lupus. I have MS in my family but the neurologist doesn't think its that. All Lupus tests come back negative. I have a long list of symptoms. Hair loss, scalp pain, fevers, confusion, loss of concentration. I also have strange almost electric like pains in my arms and legs at time. I have a rash over my cheeks and nose and I am so tired all the time! No stamina, I cant even go to the basement for the dryer without losing my breath. I used to be so energetic with my kids and now I feel just making it through the day a task. I haven't worked for a month because we cant figure it out. Short term disability was denied. I don't know where to turn. I know SOMETHING is not right but blood tests say something else. Any advice from others would be greatly appreciated.

lupylisa44 responded:
Try keeping a journal of your symptoms including your temperature, the weather, your diet and any medications you take. Make sure take pictures of rashes or any visual symptoms to show the doctor, because odds are it won't be there on the day of your appt. If you think you have lupus,or some other autoimmune disease, you might want to consult a rheumatologist.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.