Skip to content
Lesion Scars
mmcook posted:
How do you hide or cover subcutaneous lesion scars? Thanks
lisatru62 responded:
I'm lucky that my scars can be hidden by clothing. If on your neck or face you can hide discoloration with facial makeup. There is a makeup on the market that is almost like spackle in that it is thick and can be applied over scars to blend them in evenly. My sister had very bad acne as a teenager and uses this make up to cover he scars which are pretty bad. I will have to ask her for the name brand.

mmcook replied to lisatru62's response:
I Thank You for the info and if you can find out the name of the brand and where to get it, i would appreciate it greatly.
lupylisa44 replied to mmcook's response:
The name of the make up lisatru is talking about is Dermablend.

I prefer using Bare Minerals make up, It isn't as thick an goopy and matches your skin tone better than dermablend. It is available at Sephora and Ulta. It seems expensive, but a little goes a long way and it' lasts forever! I usually only buy it once a year or less.

With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.
lisatru62 responded:
Yup, it's Dermablend. It works well for scars that also leave a pit or mark in the surface of the skin. For minor discoloration you can use Bare Minerals or another brand of mineral powder make up. I use Mary Kay mineral powder because it doesn't have as much shine.

mmcook replied to lupylisa44's response:
Thank You for your help.
mmcook replied to lisatru62's response:
Thank You too for taking the time to help.

With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Music Video Tips on Managing Chronic Pain!
My newest music video, hope you guys like it! HUGS and ?, JJ "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.