Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
recently diagnosed with lupus
jayjedneak posted:
was just diagnosed with lupus in 2011, but things started way back in the early 70's when i found being in the sun was terrible. i have had the seizure type blackouts. the real problem i am having now is with flareups on my knees. this might help some of you. i was told recently by my dr. that vitamin e would help not having so many flareups. to my surprise it truly is helping, of course mine is so far advanced at this point i have had to buy special clothing to wear and i even had to go as far as to wearing a face mask so that when i'm outside so am totally protected from light and believe it or not not even fluorescent lights cause me problems. i still enjoy living life and doing what i like just in a different fashion. all though i get some pretty strange looks when i'm out and about. i have had one guy in a wal-mart as i walked by say it's kind of early for halloween. i took it with stride people can be mean. it's all part of life. sorry i wrote so much but being alone all the time i just needed someone to talk to.

lisatru62 responded:
I get looks from people when I go outside and bring an umbrella. They tell me it isn't raining. Sun sensitivity isn't fun but you have to do what you have to do. I'm lucky that my kids and my husband understand and are usually with me to deflect weird questions. Unfortunately, this is a part of life and how people feel a need to be rude all for the sake of supposed curiosity. Rude people don't deserve an answer.

Lisatru62

Steve84 responded:
well, read this : http://immunostop.com

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.