Skip to content
Symtoms never end..
nininj8 posted:
Hi, my name is Nicole. I am 25 and was diagnosed with lupus March of 2012. I have had a mirage of symptoms and it feels like this wild ride is never going to end. I've had sepsis, pleurisy twice, pyelonephritis, pericarditis, serotonin syndrome, migraines, extreme fatigue, confusion, severe joint pain, abdominal pain, and now severe back and right hip pain and weakness. I've had too many MRI's and CT's to count. I've been in the hospital 5 times in the last year. With this back and hip pain, I'm going to PT and taking more pain meds than I ever have in my life. I'm on plaquenil, cellcept, Celebrex, Prilosec, nucynta and I just had to restart on prednisone today after 9 weeks of being off of it (that was the first time getting off of it since diagnosed). I feel like I'm on a sick rollercoaster ride that won't stop. I'm becoming depressed and its only going to get worse as I gain more weight because of these lovely steroids. I am an ICU nurse and am missing tons of work. I feel like I'm losing control of my life. I absolutely love my job and I feel like that's slowly slipping away too. I need some reassurance that one day it will get better. I will be able to be a normal 25 year old. Go out with my friends and husband. Make it to work like any other person. One day have a baby. This disease is terrible and I'm at the edge of the cliff looking down, I just don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

mmcook responded:
I do understand what you are saying. All I can say is lupus and Fibromyalgia is NOT for sissy's. It will take down to depths that you have never been before. But you do need to be put on anti depression meds. They do help you see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel. But as you know everyday is not the same. Myself, I have turned to God and put it all in his hands and that leaves me with my mind free to concentrate on the things I can do. You have to let or make others help you. And you need to lay down and rest at least one time a day. If you are not sleeping, talk to your doctor, you have to have deep sleep to help your body repair its self. Wish you the best.

juanitta replied to mmcook's response:
I have not been diagnosed with Lupus yet. I did have an ana test and it came back with a positive result for either lupus or a tissue/muscle disease. I go to rheumatologist on the 7th. My question is that lately I have been having the feeling of bugs crawling up my legs is this a normal sensation with Lupus? I also thought at one point today that a cat was licking my foot and there wasn't one around me

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

My lupus story
I was diagnosed with SLE and fibromyalgia about 2 1/2 years ago although I had symptoms for several years before finally getting a ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.