Skip to content
SWOLLEN,DISCOLORED,PAINFUL FEET/ANKLES
marcie1170 posted:
I have had Lupus since 1985 and I am 42yrs old and just about a year and a half ago,i woke with redish,spotted,hugely swollen and so painful feet and ankles. Its got so bad,my skin split and blistered a little. My family and doctors were shocked,but not sure why and why comes on so fast. It's happened 4 times now and half the time,its the left side,others it's both. My tests for kidney and heart,etc are norm(havent always been,but ok now),but I read this is a symptom and can be with the heart and doesn't always show on tests at first. I do not have a clot,so far as they see,either. It is not Arthritis,either. I have pictures that are crazy-big. Anyone have this or info?

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.