Skip to content
Rectal Bleeding
MrsLupusHurts84 posted:
Has anyone else had any problems with rectal bleeding and can this be caused by lupus I am worried and scared this morning after using the bathroom I had a lot of blood in the toilet and on the tissue bright red in color. any one else had this problem.

Take the Poll

Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Hemrroids
  • ulcer
vote
View Poll Results

annettesole responded:
it's called Mesenteric vasculitis. Please read up on this and if it fits your symptoms go to hospital.

annettesole responded:
this is messinteric gastritis which may need medical attention. i may have spelled it wrong. Look it up. Lupus can cause a shredding of the inside of intestines.

lisatru62 responded:
I have had hemorrhoids since I gave birth to my first child. They kind of went away until about three years ago. They've gotten worse this past year. Blood and mucus in your stools that vary from normal BMs to diarrhea could be a condition called "ulcerative colitis." It is also autoimmune related.

You develop lesions on the inside of your lower intestines and this can cause pain on the left side of your abdomen, blood in your stool and diarrhea. On the other hand good old fashioned hemorrhoids can cause bright red blood in your stool.

Use cotton pads soaked in witch hazel to reduce the swelling of the hemorrhoid and it might help the bleeding. I notice that I bleed much easier but it could be the medications. NSAIDS can cause bleeding which is why they tell you to stop taking them before surgery.

I hope I offered some pertinent information. If it persists, please see a doctor as continuous bleeding can lead to anal cancer. My Dad had that after years of hemorrhoid bleeding.

Good luck.

Lisatru62

4ntate replied to lisatru62's response:
Wow this is why I like this site I have never had an issue with hemorrhoids until the past few years wonder if the nsaids I take have to do with that?

lupylisa44 responded:
Bright red blood in the stool usually indicates internal hemorrhoids. Dark, tarry stools indicate internal bleeding. Call your doctor so he can prescribe something to decrease the hemorrhoids and inflammation.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

MrsLupusHurts84 replied to lisatru62's response:
Thank you so much your information was very helpful and I went to the hospital and found out that I have internal Hemorrhoids which they knew about when I had a colonoscopy Feb of 2012 but never told me about, when I asked them what my test results showed they told me nothing was found during my exam but after going to the ER, I'm hearing that it showed hemorrhoids during my colonoscopy exam last year. But I am glad I know what it is now so thank you.

MrsLupusHurts84 replied to annettesole's response:
Thank you I went to the hospital and found out that I have internal hemorroids.

An_252406 replied to annettesole's response:
I did go to the hospital thank you for replying I found out that I have internal hemorroids thank you

MrsLupusHurts84 replied to 4ntate's response:
I not sure but that's a good question for your Rhemy, let me know what you find out.

MrsLupusHurts84 replied to lupylisa44's response:
Thank you and you were right I have internal hemorrhoids, thank you for replying

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.