Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Question for Dr. V
lupycakes posted:
Hello!

Haven't been around for awhile - glad to see you are still here.

My question: Does lupus ever cause nodules or bumps near the knuckles or on the feet?? Or am I looking at adding yet another autoimmune disease to my growing list??? I really, don't want to have to start dealing with RA too.

Hope you have a great day and Thanks!

Lisa ( cake lady )

lisatru62 responded:
Bummer, I was just looking into that myself. I'm noticing hip and knee pain on my right side only. Not my usual aches and pains all over. Something entirely new. I don't have bumps on my hands or feet but that does sound like RA, deformity of the joints. Looks like another doctor visit is in your future.

Lupus can certainly suck at times, it opens the door to so many other autoimmune issues.

Good luck.

Lisatru62

R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR responded:
Yes, it can absolutely cause the kind of nodules that you're describing.

lupycakes replied to lisatru62's response:
Thanks Lisatru62 - hope you feel better soon, too!

Lisa

lupycakes replied to R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR's response:
Thank you!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.