Skip to content
Just found Out
MARIAANN2013 posted:
Hello. I just found out 7 months ago that I have Lupus. I am still overwhelmed about it all. I leave My Rheumatologist 's office every time in tears. What I think is part of my Lupus he shoots it down and tells me he cant handle that another DR can. It Is not Lupus. I am slowly starting to understand what a flare up is and I have been getting more info about my Lupus from visits with my primary doctor and my neurologist. Iknow it is not severe, but my life has totally changed from it. I quit my full time job, because I felt like eventually I would be forced out because I CAN NOT get it together type days. My Name is Maria Ann and I am still learning about all this Loopy stuff. I am 45 years old. Now I weigh more than I have out of my 3 pregnancies etc, I stopped working out, I am just not me anymore.

lisatru62 responded:
Unfortunately your rheumy can't handle all the problems that will come up with lupus. If your kidneys are having problems you will have to see a nephrologist. Dermatologist for your rashes and optometrist for your eyes. Each doctor does have a specialty but you can run things by your rheumy.

Don't let it get to you it does sometimes get better with time and medication. Stress can cause a flare so while it is hard to stay calm, try your best.

Hope things work out.

Lisatru62

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.