Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Severe skin tenderness
Kmonte3 posted:
One of the things that bothers me the most is the severe skin tenderness I usually get around the end of the day. It goes right along with muscle pain but feels like bad bruising and sensitivity, like I've been beat up...does anyone else get this and if so, what can be done to ease the pain ...nothing as far as meds help. I have lupus and fibro (along with scoliosis and back damage) so not sure what this symptom belongs to but if anyone has any advice I would super appreciate it... Thanks.

An_252883 responded:
I get this as well, my skin is so sensitive that any touch or fabric rubbing against it feels like sand paper. I've tried lotion but it doesn't work, it's frustrating and painful

lupylisa44 responded:
http://www.examiner.com/article/new-study-indicates-a-cause-for-fibromyalgia-pain-to-be-found-the-skin
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

bjjazzy responded:
I have fibro, scoliosis, skin sensitivity, eye and light sensitivity, etc. it either comes from the drugs we take, the fibro, and or the lupus., I also have back and nerve damage, that also sends pain through the nerves because they are pinched off from the crooked and eaten away bones. They say fibro people's skin is always sensitive and tender all the time. it hurts a liitle many times when I touch my own skin....like it does when you have a flu or fever.

SafariMom replied to bjjazzy's response:
This product helps me the most with nerve sensitivity.
(Fibromyalgia Relief)
http://www.amazon.com/Company-Fibromyalgia-Relief-Capsules-Caps/dp/B003LQTND0/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1375900350&sr=1-1&keywords=fibromyalgia relief

I can tell when it starts wearing off... I take one and the nerve/skin sensitivity gets better. I am not on any other prescription medication for Lupus or Fibromyalgia at the moment.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
91 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.