Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm 16 and was diagnosed a few months ago and I'm terrified.
An_252883 posted:
I'm worried that this is all in my head, I went to the doctors to have a lump looked at then the next thing I know they're drawing blood, the results came back clean. I went weeks suffering. I was told it was nothing, finally I went back, they had lost most of my results, they got them and I was told I had lupus. My mother cried so much, I didn't know what to think of it. Until my face started breaking out, until I started bruising serverly, until I couldn't do cheerleading anymore. It ruined my life, how do I come to terms with that. Noone will talk to me about it, I'm starting to think its all in my head. I don't want any of this, I'm 16 why should I have to deal with this.

SafariMom responded:
If you need someone to vent to, and talk things out, you can email me at samfordmissions@gmail.com

I can relate to your world turning upside down.

Bonnie

NicoleMolina responded:
I am truly sorry for what yo are going through. I can relate to what is happening. I am 37 now, but when I was growing up I knew that I was sick since I was 8 yrs. old. I was actually bullied and teased a lot because of losing my hair and skin rashes. I can't tell you how I got through it but I did. I just knew that there was more out there for me to do and I refused to give up or let others get me down because they didn't understand. By the time I was in high school, my junior year, things got a little better for me. I was a cheerleader for a year, till a bus accident stopped put me in hospital. But my senior year I was determined to live and not let it get me. I talked to my mom a lot and my best friend, who happened to be the boy next door. They helped me the most. By the time I was 19 yrs old I found my husband and started a family. I thought I could never. After 17 yrs of marriage and two teen kids of my own, I am happy and I look to them everyday for support, laughter, a shoulder to cry on and lots of years to come. I know you hurt, but you need to surround yourself with the family and any friends who will support you for the long run. I know teens can be mean, but rise above it and live.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

IE Fix for Picture Cropping
We've found that some of our Members using Internet Explorer have issues with cropping images. If you're trying to crop your profile image ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.