Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Misunderstood
An_253114 posted:
Years of being sick well sick well rashes swelling walkers canes in out hospitals surgeries everything you name it yet my family still talks nasty behind there mothers back...wow it hurts so bad, they feel sorry for dad, because moms such a lazy complaining so called sicknesses they think I'm sick in my head only... Even though I have seizers, lupus rashes , swelling and gained 100 pounds in 3 months with out eating....I've had 2 back surgeries , 3 small masses in my brain, lupus MS, and thyroid disese ....I was bed ridden for 5 years and they thought it was the pain mess making me lazy, even though I was unable to walk or stand without falling over ..still couldn't help me, they avoided me at all cost, the Dr. Had assigned me a care giver and still my family wanted and expected me to care or them and there kids and messes.. Yeah I had a couple of my girls help only cause they got paid by the state....funny never showed up for work half the time..my husband sees job opening for things I use to do and ask , why don't you go apply for that....omg do they really think I'm fool of piss and vinegar , I have no help and my family that I worked o hard 2jobs good pay many years and they can't stand to be around me for fear I might need help.. Sometimes I wanna die, no all the time I wish it was over...it hurts so much to type please forgive the running everything together....I need a friend or a Lil love... I want my life back I loved to dance ride horses run bike boat I was sexy, I was an amazing woman, now I'm. Big huge piece of fat that needs a friend so I can find my health and have a reason to get well....if I had a support group I know I could do what ever it took to get better, at least well enough to live a nice life...well there's so much I need to release from my broken heart , thanks for reading and letting me vent...and so sorry I did not take the time to use good writing skills but it hurts to much to just do this...lol till next time...love ya all Darlene

SafariMom responded:
Hey Darlene, So so sorry that you don't have the support that you are needing right now. Please email me so that I can give you my phone number. I would love the idea of us being able to "vent" to one another. Eastafricamissions@me.com. (We use to live in Africa but now we are in Alaska) I am originally from Texas. Bonnie

Lonelymama replied to SafariMom's response:
Bonnie, thanks for the reply...I am so looking forward to having a new friend.....wow I can't tell you how good it feels to know your there to talk to and most of all to be there for you too, it's hard being alone and sick. So I pray I can really help you thru this as well... I am clearing out my yahoo account , to many things to go thru...shoot me a letter tomorrow I should be done, and I'll be looking for you... drveliz2006@yahoo.com Lots luv your knew friend always Darlene

lupylisa44 responded:
Hey Darlene

Welcome!

I am sorry to hear that your family is not being supportive. And can totally relate to losing the identity of who you once were to who you are now-with lupus.

The activity on this board slows down a lot during the Summer. Hopefully things will be picking back up soon. now that summer is winding down.

Just so you know, there are several facebook groups that you may be interested in... I am a member of "Hot chicks with lupus," Benlysta Buddies, and Awreness Matters. You should check them out.

Hang in there! I look forward to getting to know you!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.