Skip to content
Kids and Lupus
angies45 posted:
I know that Lupus is most common among women, my 11 year old grandson was diagnosed with Lupus in Nov 2012 I was diagnosed with Lupus in Jan 2013- although I know I have had the disease for years and it was always thought I just had arthritis. Living in the Chicago land area and my grandsons physicians all being at Lurie children's hospital, I am learning that many more children are being diagnosed each year. Are there online communities for the parents of kids with Lupus, or organizations that focus on Kids with Lupus?

marshagal responded:
I wish I had this information yesterday. I took my son into the doctor yesterday for excessively chronic dry skin. He is covered in sores from eczema, and every doctor keeps saying put lotion on him.. (like we haven't already tried that!) I mentioned that I have sjogrens and lupus antibodies, and asked if he could be tested since his dry skin is so severe.. and he said "No, because it is not common in boys." Instead he ordered food allergy testing..

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

My lupus story
I was diagnosed with SLE and fibromyalgia about 2 1/2 years ago although I had symptoms for several years before finally getting a ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.