Skip to content
An_254102 posted:
My mom has Lupus. I have symptoms like dry mouth, hands turn blue when cold. Have bumps on my two thumbs and pointer fingers, stiffness in hands. I was given a pill for the dry mouth and a pill for the circulation by my family dr they didn't work. Should I go to a specialist or just live with it?
candi619 responded:
It may be Reynauds - look it up and see if those are the symptoms you have. When I get cold in the slightest way that's what happens to me. but reynauds is a symptom of a few different autoimmune diseases.
lisatru62 responded:
It does sound like Reynaud's syndrome and I was diagnosed with that as well as Sjorgren's syndrome which causes dryness. I would go to a specialist as it doesn't get better by ignoring it.

My doctors thought I was nuts and even sent me to a therapist until testing showed SLE. It took two years to get a diagnosis while suffering through some pretty bad symptoms. Since your Mom has Lupus you might also have an autoimmune disease.

Get it checked out early because organ damage begins to occur. I didn't get a diagnosis and now have kidney damage.

Good luck.

marshagal responded:
I would definitely see a specialist for the simple fact that there could be long term damage occurring. Not many generations ago people use to die from complications from lupus. Nowadays this is completely preventable if you get treatment.
pennbird replied to lisatru62's response:
What tests did you have that show kidney damage?

With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 110 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.