Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Lupie
roxylyles posted:
I was just recently diagnosed this week with Lupus. I have had symptoms since my childhood. At 29 years old, I finally have an answer to why I feel like I do and why it is all the time. My emotions are so up and down right now. Should I be relieved to finally know what I have? Finally I have a doctor (just someone) that will listen to me and my body.

castiem responded:
its not fun , i just also got recently diegnosed with lupus and a few months befor that i started the flare ups and really feeling what pain was its very scary and this isnt an easy thing to deal with but im glad u have a dr that will listen to u because i've got one that doesnt im curently loking for a new one ...and you gotta feel however you feel and just go with it because theres no other way to go i guess we just gota breath and keep going on day at a time because this lupus crap isnt any fun and not an easy thing to deal with.

feelin_lupie responded:
It's hell. I'm having a hard time coping lately as well. The bloodwork came out positive before I had any symptoms in Oct. 2012. All we could do was wait for it to come. In April we tried Plaquenil..suprise I'm allergic. Pain started in May, bad pain. I could barely walk, was stuck in bed for hours, couldn't sleep, move, think, eat, lost weight, lost hair, you name it. I tried to deal with it on my own for 3 months. Was on steriods for a while, officially diagnosed in August and now I'm on Methotrexate. Thank god for my doctor. I'm only 22. I shouldn't have to deal with this, none of us should. It's hard to find a middle ground between trying to be strong and hating life. I was happy I had an answer, but even with almost a year of preparation, I wasn't ready to hear it. I think you should be happy too, and now we need to spend our energy on getting better and trying to see something positive in all this.
I don't know about you, but it makes me feel a lot better seeing how many people are going through this with me. I hope it helps you too.

roxylyles replied to castiem's response:
Thank you so much. Sometimes I just feel that my emotions go so up and down, I should stay to myself so that I don't hurt the people around me

roxylyles replied to feelin_lupie's response:
Thank you. I does feel good to not feel alone. I do have a sense of relief to finally know what I have and I can finally move forward.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.