Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is This my lupus flare up
jlupie posted:
Yes I have been diagnosed with lupus since 2010. To make a very long story short I have been suffering from headaches to the point where I have to stop what I am doing because the pain is so bad. I have had these headaches before and I thought they were my lupus headaches and so did my rheumatologist. He increased my prednisone to 40mg which was disappointing because I made it to just taking 2mg. But the headaches did not get any better. After about a month my actual tooth started to hurt and I realized that I had been suffering from an abcessed tooth. I went to my dentist where he put me on 500mg of penicillin 4 times a day to 10 days and I finally was able to have the tooth pulled two days ago. However that same pain on the right side of my head still persists from time to time. Not near as severe but never the less still there. Has the stress of my toothache activated the lupus or do I have another bad tooth????

Take the Poll

Are bad headaches lupus or my teeth?
Abcessed tooth or lupus
  • Lupus Headaches or What
  • Bad tooth or lupus
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.