Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need help
ashleyyolanda posted:
I was diagnosed with lupus in 2009 after I was hospitalized with blood clots in both my lungs. I have been very fortunate that this hasn't affected me too much. (meaning that I have more good days than bad). My problem now is that lately I've been depressed, tired, & achy. I started taking 5htp for sleep & depression but its not helping. I don't sleep at night & I rise early. I know I'm stressed & I'm trying to cope but I need relief. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

mariajohnson responded:
Keep yourself socially active to cope with depression. Turn to trusted friends and family members. Keep yourself busy in some activities during the day so that till night you get tired and get good and sound sleep.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.