Skip to content
Blood clot?
dsmom141 posted:
Hello. I have been diagnosed for 7 years with lupus and 3 with fibro. I know every ache and pain, after 3 ER visits, I know what chest wall inflammation or severe GERD feels like and that' it's not a heart or lung issue. However, last night I developed a new pain from the highest part of my right leg in the back, down hamstring, through calves, back of foot and down under to middle of foot. I'm trying to finish recovering from bronchitis, so I missed meeting my newborn niece. All alone, I was screaming out in pain. (Fam out of town to see her). I have just been laying around. Should I be worried or just add a new pain to the list?

Take the Poll

How many years did it take you to get diagnosed (officially) from when original symptoms started, looking back.
  • Under a year
  • 1-3 years
  • 3.1- 5 years
  • Over 5 years
  • Still trying to get an official diagnosis
vote
View Poll Results

lisatru62 responded:
Pain is usually a sign that something is wrong. You should see your physician if possible. The pain you describe sounds like sciatia back pain (I probably spelled it wrong.) You should have this checked out. Back pain is common after a long bout of lying about when you're sick, such as the flu, but it could be something more serious such as a pinched nerve.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Lisatru62

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.