Skip to content
Dr said I have the starting of Lupus
jamjam098 posted:
I sat in this room while this nice what I can only explain as an Indian dr tell me that I have the early on stages of Lupus. She explained that everything from my dry eyes, to my dry mouth, to my red skin and the Joint and muscle pain is all caused from this disease. Everything she said was in a complete different language to me and I took what I could from the conversation.

She gave me a prescription which I can't start taking until my body has 100% gotten rid of the Bronchitis it has and then that's when we will see if this is the right medication for me.

I left her office in what I just read as a "lupus fog" and somehow I've managed to stay this way for 5 days. I'm on the mend from being sick and now I simply want to learn what I need to do to stay ahead of a monster I now call Lupus. I'm a bother of two beautiful boys and I want to enjoy raising them. Anyone have any advise for me?

nancyj95 responded:
Welcome to the group! Web MD has good information, but you can find lots more at the Lupus Foundation. There may also be lupus support groups in your area. We have them through the Lupus Alliance of Queen and Long Island. You need to learn to manage yourself by pacing yourself and accepting support from friends and family when needed. At times you will need to "give in" to your body in order to keep your strength up. You need to listen to your body and act accordingly. Keep a log of your symptoms and feelings so you can share them with your doctor. You need to be open with your doc and tell him everything.If you aren't comfortable with this one, find one you are comfortable with then keep him or her informed of everything. I have a wonderful one I have been dealing with since diagnosis 15 years ago. Good luck and keep posting here- others will answer your questions.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.