Skip to content
Recently Diagnosed
An_255411 posted:
Hi! I've read some of the discussion post and I am surprised at how similar I've felt before I was diagnosed.

So apparently I have Systemic Lupus and Pulmonary Hypertension and at 25 years old, this is not exactly what I wanted to hear and all the while spending 10 days in the hospital on my birthday, this year has been horrible so far. Lupus so far , has been depressing for me, along with not being able to be as active as I once was, I feel lonely and I really have no one to talk to about it. How do you get past this phase and try to live life "normally"? I don't feel as young as I am and the muscle soreness and stiff joints are crazy!

If anyone has Lupus and PH please let me know how you are progressing, I know every person's case is different but I am curious.

mandana1 responded:
Hi dear,
I can completely understand you. but do not worry. the most important thing in this or any other disease is to exercise, exercise and exercise and off course a good doctor who can think of a proper treatment for you and immediately diagnose. I was diagnosed a month ago but it actually started 3 months ago at my birthday the same as you. I have been feeling better recently and i fight it with bringing order to my life which i beleive that acctually any person needs that. eat on time, sleep on time and exercise and do not give up on life. actually i never gave up and will never...

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.