Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lupus diagnoses
janeybird1228 posted:
I was just diagnoses with lupus, & other autoimmune diseases. I am not sure about the diagnoses. My doctor said that something is "aggressively attacking my muscles" he first said Celiac's may be the problem. I asked to go Gluten free before putting me on meds to see if that would help. He said my test results one month later without gluten were worse. My AST in Nov. Was 54, Dec. 109 & Feb.148 (All 2014) My ALT in the same months was, 64, 138 & 170. I asked about starting to work out with weights for strength, he said if I did that I would need to wait at least 3 days before getting my next blood test because the muscle breakdown from working out can cause different readings on the tests. I had a thought at 3 AM this morning. I am getting some deep tissue massages for a whiplash injury the therapist does my neck to my hips, & it is deep intense massage to breakdown & retrain/ the muscle from the injury I received in the accident. I was just wondering if this could cause my test results to come back this high? The first set of labs was before I was getting the massages but the 2nd one was 2 days after a massage & the last one was right after a massage. I have other lab results too but not sure which are helpful in diagnosing Lupus. Anyone's in site would be greatly appreciated.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.