Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I hate "the lup"
duncanv posted:
So just when i feel like i am getting a handle on my lupus, my BP starts to go all crazy again.... I have Lupus Nephritis ( lupus of Kidney) my kidneys were actually at about 13% functionally when i was diagnosed with lupus in december (2013)... anyways i have been doing alot better , at least i feel alot better, sometimes i even think about having my doctor retest me for the 5th time just to make sure that i do actually have lupus... because i just really dont think their right...but whatever... the point is i am finally starting to feel ok until recently i have started to have my severe headaches and shooting pains throughout my body... and now my feet are swollen!!!! WHY DONT I HAVE CONTROL OVE MY BODY!!!!!!!. it makes me sad to think that i will have to deal with this for the rest of my life.... my doctors say that its just a flare up and soon it will pass, but i want it to go away ...NOW!!! FOREVER !!!.. am i crazy, does anyone else feel like they are losing control of their body.

lupylisa44 responded:
I also have lupus nephritis (this is my second go around with it) and it has started to get better thanks to starting Benlysta. I have Stage V membranous glomuleronephritis. do you know which stage you have? If you have Stage III or IV Benlysta might not work. Are you taking BP meds for your nephritis? The reason I ask is because I had a reaction to them which manifested as severe shooting nerve pain in my arms, legs and feet. Have you had a kidney biopsy yet? What is your doctor using to treat your nephritis? Hang in there! It gets better!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

tay1998 responded:
Hi my name is Taylin. I am currently a year 11 student and I am doing my research project on Lupus. Your post stood out the most to me, kind of the lifestyle part. I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind? my email address is taylin.bishop141@schools.sa.edu.au , so if you would be happy to answer a few questions please email me thankyou so much

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.