Skip to content
Just discovered that I now have kidney failure due to lupus
moniquecraig1 posted:
Hi everyone,

I posted a discussion a couple of months ago, about my having had SLE Lupus for over 13 years. My lupus symptoms greatly resemble multiple sclerosis, as all of my body's nervous systems are affected (CNS, PNS, and ANS). I also have several very severe anemias ( 5 different kinds, and all of them are rare-genetically inherited blood disorders, I also have thrombocytopenia, and low white blood cell counts.

I have now been diagnosed with kidney failure through an online diagnostic company DIAGNOSEMECOM. The report is extremely accurate, and I have all of the symptoms of kidney failure now. I have been having a really severe lupus flare that has lasted from Thanksgiving of 2013 up until now (I just vomited a lot about an hour ago, a new symptom that I have only been having since this lupus flare. This report is so accurate, that I am going to give copies to all of my doctors, ASAP. I currently don't have an endocrinologist, but my other doctors are very good, so I know I'll find one soon enough.

I am "biracial": African-American/European, confirmed by DNA testing: 62% African and 38% European. The doctors at the company are able to diagnose symptoms based upon your genetic racial makeup.

I have an anemia that is particularly common in people of Scandinavian descent ( my grandmother had naturally blond hair, but she was an African American, who could "pass" for white during the Segregation era. I have another anemia that is also rare, and is more common in the Orient, rather than in people who are from the United States and Europe.

Now, I'm dealing with the kidney disease symptoms. But I'm confident that I will be OK anyway. I'm a pretty strong woman, and I'm not gonna let this latest diagnosis keep me from living my life the way I want to. I hope my experience helps those of you who are new with the diagnosis of lupus get a more positive perspective on the disease. It is hard, and living with SLE Lupus is a LIVING HELL!!! But there are ways to cope with it, if you find an inner strength.

Monique Craig

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.