Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Dexamethasone as standard treatment
    wallacr0 posted:
    I have Lupus and the only relief I get is from taking injections of Dexamethasone. Is anyone using only steroid therapy? If so what is the regimen you're taking? I don't want to take the medicines that suppress immune system and have increased risked of Lymphoma because I also have Fibromyalgia and Psoriatic Arthritis so the benefits of those medicines do not outweigh the risk as I always have one or more of my conditions active at a time.

lisatru62 responded:
    I took prednisone for a short period of time to reduce inflammation but I stopped because they made me crazy. Mostly hyper and I couldn't sleep. It was on for a couple of weeks and I haven't been on them since. Do not want to go back due to side effects.

wallacr0 replied to lisatru62's response:
    Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Were you taking pills or injections. I am referring to injections not pills because the pills make me very swollen.

Coping
    With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
    at work, or with family
    and friends.
    Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
    It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    79 of 110 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.