Skip to content
aura and partial seizure
Anon_149307 posted:

Hello I was diagnosed with SLE and sjogrens in February 2013 and have been in what seems like this never ending flare up since my son was born in October 2013. My current meds are methotrexate (on my 8th week 3rd week of 6 pills), 20mg of prednisone (last 15 months), zofran (last 15 months), loestrin, folic acid 3mg, norco, ibuprofen and I think that's it. I am also starting benlysta on weds.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what auras and a partial seizure feels like? I think I might have had one the other day and possibly over these last couple of months but it's incredibly hard to describe so I am going to do my best and hopefully not sound like a crazy person.
When it happens I feel like I am almost outside of my body and loose control of it. First thing that seems for happen is that my head will feel really heavy with what is almost like an enormous amount of pressure and then my hearing gets muffled and I will sometimes get ringing. My vision turns tunnel like, blurry and black and I feel like I can't move or speak. Sometimes I will get nauseous afterwards and shaky, dizzy/lightheaded. Sometimes it lasts for a few seconds or a couple of minutes. I don't know if this makes any sense and I wish I could describe it better and I know I am leaving something out but it happens so fast and like I said is so hard to describe. I will also get sweaty to and it kind of sends me into a panic with papilations and difficulty breathing. It is not an anxiety attack though. I have suffered from anxiety for years and this is in no way like that at all. Thanks for any info you may have.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.