Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help
hayleearausa posted:
Ok I'm 23 I have RA and Lupus I feel like I'm always tired n depressed I have seen doctors my lupus currently has effected my kidneys. I have anger issues and some times I just want to cry. I have 2 kids n I try so hard to be strong but I have a addiction to meth I stop some times. n i feel it make me want to get out of bed n have a life . I feel like my life is a circus I'm currently on plaqnile and predisson and anxiety meds n norcos. My life is a mess any advice on meds anything?

Take the Poll

Any help or opinions
  • help
  • lupus
  • addiction
  • Ra
vote
View Poll Results

lisatru62 responded:
First, please stop the meth. This will lead to nothing but disaster. Never mix illegal drugs with prescription medications. This combination came mask the effects of the prescription medications that are designed to improve your symptoms.

If you continue to take the plaquanil and prednisone as prescribed and you will feel better after a period of time. Give it sometime for the drugs to build up in your systems and start working.

It is not easy to let go of a drug addiction such as meth and it takes a lot of courage. You will feel extreme anxiety but hopefully over time you will kick this addiction and begin the road to recovery.

Good luck and prayers.

Lisatru62

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.