NOSE SORES
mc3483 posted:
I have been having the nose sores for a couple of years along with the diagnosis of Lupus and what ever of else you can have. I have tried aloe, neosporin, or any other type of salve. NOTHING works. I eat the best of yogurts. I take Lysine daily. I take Plaquenil. I have bee on and off steroids/prednisone. YIKES! There has to be something! Any takers have a solution as of yet?????

jillzig responded:
I have the same issue, usually when I'm in a flare. Peroxide on a qtip and neosporin seems to help. I know they are so painful, but glad to know someone shares the struggle:)

hoosiermommy responded:
Have you tried plain old petroleum jelly? It doesn't treat the sores but it does soothe them - at least it does for me. Another thing that seems to help is to use saline (salt water) nasal spray a couple of times a day. It helps keep the nasal passages from drying out, which can cause irritation.

mc3483 replied to hoosiermommy's response:
I think I have tried everything. Antibiotics, antibiotic salves, sprays, miracle mouthwash, vaseline, Manuka Honey, etc.. I am convinced the sores relate directly to anxiety, stress, and fatigue. Good luck to you.