Skip to content
NOSE SORES
mc3483 posted:
I have been having the nose sores for a couple of years along with the diagnosis of Lupus and what ever of else you can have. I have tried aloe, neosporin, or any other type of salve. NOTHING works. I eat the best of yogurts. I take Lysine daily. I take Plaquenil. I have bee on and off steroids/prednisone. YIKES! There has to be something! Any takers have a solution as of yet?????

jillzig responded:
I have the same issue, usually when I'm in a flare. Peroxide on a qtip and neosporin seems to help. I know they are so painful, but glad to know someone shares the struggle:)

hoosiermommy responded:
Have you tried plain old petroleum jelly? It doesn't treat the sores but it does soothe them - at least it does for me. Another thing that seems to help is to use saline (salt water) nasal spray a couple of times a day. It helps keep the nasal passages from drying out, which can cause irritation.

mc3483 replied to hoosiermommy's response:
I think I have tried everything. Antibiotics, antibiotic salves, sprays, miracle mouthwash, vaseline, Manuka Honey, etc.. I am convinced the sores relate directly to anxiety, stress, and fatigue. Good luck to you.

lupusfree responded:
I was getting them back to back especially when under 20mg of prednisone. Get a Valtrex prescription, it was the only thing that stopped them.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.