Skip to content
new to the group
cmcknigh posted:
I am new to the group. I have had lupus for 14 years. My rheumatologist just started me on Cellcept. How long does it take to show improvement?

nancyj95 responded:
Your doctor may start you at one dose, then increase it and decrease it after you get out of the flare. I have been on this for several years after a flare that lasted almost a year. Started at 500mg twice a day, then 1000 twice a day then 3000 in all for a few months before the flare went away. I am now back at 500x2 which is kind of a maintenance level. My doc says I will be on it forever since I have autoimmune hepatitis and latent TB which both take away most other options except my steroids which I have been on for 16 years. They have blessed me with steroid indued osteoporosis and several back fractures.You need to be patient and let the meds do their work. I know it is hard, but you will get through this!

cmcknigh replied to nancyj95's response:
Thanks for your response. I am now on multiple meds and have been in an active flare for 6 months,lung and brain involvement this time. I guess I am just anxious to get this under control again.Really did not like the idea of cellcept but after reading several reviews of this med helping ,decided to give it a try.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.